Tuesday 10 May 2011

A card and news of a WIP

I am doing well on one of my new year's resolutions to not purchase any birthday cards at all this year. It's May and I have yet to buy a birthday card from the shops. Most of my cards are very girlie as you may recall from previous posts. But I recently needed a boy card for my god-son who turned 6 a week ago. Here's the card I made for him with a sheet of scrapbooking paper I found in a local shop.



I am currently working on a project which was inspired by this top here at Boden. I liked the look and the ruffles but was not keen on the price tag and some of the reviews were not positive.

So enter the WIP aka Work In Progress. I started searching through all the pattern sites (you know which ones I mean ... Vogue, Butterick, Simplicity) and I found this pattern.



I thought the top in yellow on the pattern cover looked like the Boden top only with smaller frills. So I now have this pattern and I bought a cheap and cheerful silky polyester bit of fabric from the local fabric shop (£3 per metre in the sale rack) to do a muslin with. I'm halfway there and it's looking very positive.

I'll share more tomorrow.
Have a great day, friends.

1 comment:

  1. Yes - Boden is lovely but the prices are very high indeed! When I was working full time I used to treat myself occasionally though. Looking forward to seeing how your top comes out!

    Great card - good cards for boys are so hard to find.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.