Tuesday 29 November 2011

More cards to share with you

Some time ago I went to a craft fair and picked up a pack of paper, card and bits for card-making. I used the pack to make up some birthday cards. There's a red, pink, black & grey theme to these cards.



It's amazing how a few glittery stick-on gems, the odd punched flower or butterfly can make a card look so pretty. Short lengths of ribbon are nice additions too.



I also found a cheap pack of doillies in a local kitchenware shop and cut bits off to paste onto my cards. Pretty, aren't they?



A lot of it is just layering paper and card on top of each other. I use double-sided sticky tape a lot and double-sided sticky foam tape under the little messages. I also discovered these wonderful little things (described as brads without legs) called Card Candi. They're the little round red and white dome-shaped things on my cards.



I've made more cards than I need this year. So I took a bunch of cards into work and put them into a box on my desk. My colleagues can come help themselves to handmade cards if they want to and leave a contribution in the box in return. My colleagues are quite happy with this arrangement and some have already helped themselves to some cards from the box. All good!

It's a cold blustery day here in Birmingham and it looks like it's going to start raining any minute. Hope you're having a fine day where you are, friends.

5 comments:

  1. Wow, Ady! Your cards are just wonderful. I particularly like the ones with doilies. Maybe I can commission you to make some cards for me one day, as my card making skills are non-existent (except using photos and some software.... but that's not the same!)?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely cards, gorgeous colours

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cutting and sticking is so much fun! You've made some lovely cards there.
    Have you made any with fabric?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Ady,
    I love your cards. I used to make cards and got a bit bored with the same old thing, but seeing yours here has inspired me to get my papers out and start again! Thank you so much for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you all. I've not tried making any with fabric ... although I watched a craft show on TV recently and the lady appliqued fabric shapes onto cardstock with random freeform stitching. Looked wonderful.

    Glad to be able to inspire you to get your cards and papers out again, Magpie Magic. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.