Monday 2 April 2012

Pardon the unintentional rudeness



It's just Missy Moo telling us that this is the second time this Easter bonnet is making an appearance. She is not giving you the Longbowman Salute. Honest!

The bonnet first made its debut appearance here.

Yep. It is that time of the year again when infant schools and kindies send letters home with the kids to request - nay, demand - that the kids be sent to school on a particular day with an Easter bonnet. If I'm lucky, the letter will arrive just before the weekend, thereby giving me sufficient time to rush out to purchase the necessary supplies to make a suitably festive bonnet. If I am not lucky, it'll arrive on a Monday or Tuesday and will tell me that the bonnet must be presented during Friday's assembly. Panic will then ensue (since I work fulltime and can't get to the craft shop). Is not having a bonnet going to be an issue?



Yep - I thought as much.

This year's letter arrived on the Monday of the week it was needed. Luckily, I had saved last year's kindie bonnet and kept it in the wardrobe. I told Missy Moo that since this was her first year at school and no-one had seen her lovely bonnet before, she could wear it to school for this year's Easter bonnet parade. Fortunately, she agreed that it was a fabulous idea and my panic attack was nicely averted. Whew!

Do you think I'm going to be able to get away with reusing it again next year?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.